A template of a tempting plate of mussels.
Mussels are great shellfish used in lots of recipes such as paella, fish pieces, etc.
We have dug out a mussels recipe for you:
Moules marinière with cream, garlic and parsley
- 1.75kg/4lb mussels
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 15g/½oz butter
- a bouquet garni of parsley, thyme and bay leaves
- 100ml/3½fl oz dry white wine or cider
- 120ml/4fl oz double cream
- handful of parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- crusty bread, to serve
- Wash the mussels under cold water.
- Discard any open ones that won’t close when lightly squeezed.
- Soften the garlic and shallots in the butter with the herbs, in a large pan big enough to take all the mussels – it should only be half full.
- Add the mussels and wine or cider, turn up the heat, then cover and steam them open in their own juices for 3-4 minutes. Give the pan a good shake every now and then.
- Discard any closed mussels.
- Remove the herbs, add the cream and chopped parsley and remove from the heat.
If you liked this PowerPoint Template we would appreciate you liking it on FaceBook or Tweeting it.