Here are a few ideas on dealing with insomnia
Here are some ideas to deal with insomnia
- Get up and make yourself a cup of mint tea
- Don’t drink any tea or coffee after 8.p.m.
- Avoid alchohol – anything more than a glass and you tend to wake up in the middle of the night.
- Get a night light light bulb (8w bulb won’t wake up your partner)
- Personal radio by your bedside (ipod or an mp3 player will have the same effect)
Getting to sleep :
- Read a book until you fall asleep
- Don’t go to bed too early
- Drink mint tea as a night cap
- Tell yourself a story in your mind to get yourself to sleep. Eventually after a few nights you will fall asleep during the story. Afterwards you should only need to tell yourself this story and you should be able to get to sleep.
- Counting sleep doesn’t seem to work.
Does anything else work for you? – simply add the ideas into the box below and we’ll see if we can publish it.
Published On: 19th Mar 2007Read more about -
Listen to soft music… close ur eyes… relax… let the music go on in ur ears and u wont even notice when u fell a sleep… Never try to sleep .. let urself sleep on its own.
i often have problems sleeping. usually because my mind is working overtime. I sleep on my left, so as a rule i always start on my right to think things through and hopefully clear my mind. once i’ve finnished i turn over to my sleeping side. not a bullet proof idea but often works.
Use Lavender scented oils/sprays on sheets and pillows
Count backwards from 100
Take a warm bath
Eat a bowl of cereal (milk, like turkey has tryptohan in it)
Take a melatonin supplement
Lay on your stomach
Chamomile tea or rooibos tea can help some.
I have insomina and I can’t sleep so while i’m awake i write stories oe write facts i plan on publishing a book. oR Another idea I have is to read and try and gain knowledge.
Insomnia (sleeplessness) is due to stress, dietary and medical problems. By making small lifestyle changes like having a fixed daily routine, relaxing and eating properly, insomnia can be cured. This should be taken into consideration rather than some temporary solutions;)
u are very right!
Work hard all the day and at night you will get a sweet dream :)Dont sleep at daytime and be in sunlight during day(helps ur body clock)
Take a bath before u sleep
Massage your head with olive oil
Drink a glass of warm milk mix honey