Here are a few ideas on dealing with insomnia
Here are some ideas to deal with insomnia
- Get up and make yourself a cup of mint tea
- Don’t drink any tea or coffee after 8.p.m.
- Avoid alchohol – anything more than a glass and you tend to wake up in the middle of the night.
- Get a night light light bulb (8w bulb won’t wake up your partner)
- Personal radio by your bedside (ipod or an mp3 player will have the same effect)
Getting to sleep :
- Read a book until you fall asleep
- Don’t go to bed too early
- Drink mint tea as a night cap
- Tell yourself a story in your mind to get yourself to sleep. Eventually after a few nights you will fall asleep during the story. Afterwards you should only need to tell yourself this story and you should be able to get to sleep.
- Counting sleep doesn’t seem to work.
Does anything else work for you? – simply add the ideas into the box below and we’ll see if we can publish it.
Listen to soft music… close ur eyes… relax… let the music go on in ur ears and u wont even notice when u fell a sleep… Never try to sleep .. let urself sleep on its own.
i often have problems sleeping. usually because my mind is working overtime. I sleep on my left, so as a rule i always start on my right to think things through and hopefully clear my mind. once i’ve finnished i turn over to my sleeping side. not a bullet proof idea but often works.
Use Lavender scented oils/sprays on sheets and pillows
Count backwards from 100
Take a warm bath
Eat a bowl of cereal (milk, like turkey has tryptohan in it)
Take a melatonin supplement
Lay on your stomach
Chamomile tea or rooibos tea can help some.
I have insomina and I can’t sleep so while i’m awake i write stories oe write facts i plan on publishing a book. oR Another idea I have is to read and try and gain knowledge.
Insomnia (sleeplessness) is due to stress, dietary and medical problems. By making small lifestyle changes like having a fixed daily routine, relaxing and eating properly, insomnia can be cured. This should be taken into consideration rather than some temporary solutions;)
u are very right!
Work hard all the day and at night you will get a sweet dream :)Dont sleep at daytime and be in sunlight during day(helps ur body clock)
Take a bath before u sleep
Massage your head with olive oil
Drink a glass of warm milk mix honey