Here are a few ideas on dealing with insomnia
Here are some ideas to deal with insomnia
- Get up and make yourself a cup of mint tea
- Don’t drink any tea or coffee after 8.p.m.
- Avoid alchohol – anything more than a glass and you tend to wake up in the middle of the night.
- Get a night light light bulb (8w bulb won’t wake up your partner)
- Personal radio by your bedside (ipod or an mp3 player will have the same effect)
Getting to sleep :
- Read a book until you fall asleep
- Don’t go to bed too early
- Drink mint tea as a night cap
- Tell yourself a story in your mind to get yourself to sleep. Eventually after a few nights you will fall asleep during the story. Afterwards you should only need to tell yourself this story and you should be able to get to sleep.
- Counting sleep doesn’t seem to work.
Does anything else work for you? – simply add the ideas into the box below and we’ll see if we can publish it.
19 March 2007
Filed under Lifestyle