A simple technique to improve your presentation is to sprinkle a number of positive words into the script.
These positive words (more commonly known as “power words” can help to put the audience in a good mood.
Just be careful not to overdo them.
Positive Opening Words
1. Thanks – Thanks for inviting me to speak with you today.
2. Lovely – It’s lovely to be back.
3. Nice – It’s nice to see so many people here.
4. Passionate – I am passionate about positive words.
Positive Discovery Words
5. Show – I will show you …
6. Learn – You will learn that …
7. Find – You will find that …
8. Discover – I hope you will discover the marvellous properties of electrons.
9. New – I am presenting to you some new findings on …
10. Found – We found that there were three main areas of interest.
Positive Content Words
11. Clearly – On this slide you will clearly see …
12. Impressive – The results were impressive.
13. Very – He scored very high up the rankings.
14. Positive – This conveys a very positive message.
15. Lot – We achieved a lot in a very short space of time.
16. Importance – The importance of the data is that it …
17. Cool – Here is a cool example of …
18. Great – It received a great degree of attention.
19. Good – This is a good example of a positive word.
20. Marvellous – It’s marvellous that so many …
21. Wonderful – The wonderful world of the World Wide Web …
22. Totally – She was totally committed to the cause of …
Positive Closing Words
23. Enjoyed – I hope that you have enjoyed my presentation.
24. Pleasure – It has been a real pleasure to be here today.
25. Thank you – Thank you for listening to me today.
What positive words do you use in your presentations? Please add them in to the comments box.
Great article! In my practice, I have found that positive / strong words make wonders.
Thanks for this article, it’s really helpful!
Great article! Thank you.
Thanks for this article, it’s really helpful
Thanks for this article, it’s really helpful and needed