Money Saving Ideas - Presentation Magazine
We have compiled this list of good money saving ideas. We hope that you enjoy it. If you have any more ideas please drop us a line and we will add it in.
Money Saving Ideas
- Where possible install low energy light bulbs. They use about 25% of the power and pay for themselves quite quickly.
- If you use an electric kettle – don’t fill it up to the top every time. Just use enough water for your hot drinks – around 300 ml per person.
- Dishwashers – don’t just use the standard wash settings – experiment with the economy wash settings – the wash quality is often the same, but you will save on electricity.
- Tumble Dryers – When our tumble dryer broke down we saved a small fortune by pegging our washing out on the line – our clothes did not shrink and they smelt much better.
- Washing machines – we tend to over wash clothes. Experiment with lower temperature washes. You can usually still get clothes clean on a 30 or 40 degree wash.
- It sounds obvious, but turn off lights when you leave a room.
- Unplug any electrical devices such as chargers when they are not is use. Even when they are on standby they still take up power.
- If your water bill is very high you may want to get a water meter installed. This way you can regulate the amount of water that you use
- Install some water butts – these are quite simply done and will save you quite a lot on your water bill – they will also get you around a hose pipe ban.
- Wear a pullover, cardigan or vest in colder weather. “We tend to heat up our surroundings rather than ourselves” my father used to say. This can save a real fortune on heating costs.
- Detergent. We all tend to use too much detergent. Manufacturers usually give us large scoops and wide nozzles to encourage us to use more. Try using 30% less per wash. You probably won’t notice the difference.
- Join an Organic Box Scheme for vegetables. This is a “lucky-dip” box of vegetables – depending upon what is in season. We have a mixed box of fruit and veg delivered to the house every week (10- 11 items for £11.50). Being grown locally, it cuts down food miles and is better for the natural environment.
- Don’t buy clothes in the sales. The clothes may be going out of fashion and you may only wear it a few times. Much to buy something that you really like and wear it a lot.
If you have any more good money saving ideas please add them into the box below and we will add it in to the page.
2 March 2007
Filed under Money
- Abstract Templates
- Animal PowerPoint Templates
- Birthday Templates
- Business Articles
- Business Templates
- Calendar Templates
- Christmas Cards
- Clip art
- Editable Maps
- Food & Drink
- Guest Blogs
- Media Info
- Medical PowerPoint Templates
- Nature and Environment
- OpenOffice Impress
- Pattern and Texture
- Science Templates
- Sports & Leisure
- Wedding Templates
- Subtle Waves Template
- Business world map
- Filmstrip with Countdown
- Business 1
- Blue Bubbles
- Corporate 2
- vector flowers template
- Editable PowerPoint newspapers
- Hands Template
- Red blood cells slide
- Circles Template on white
- Maps of America
- Light Streaks Business Template
- Zen stones template
- Heartbeat Template
- Web icons template