Presentation Magazine Forum > PowerPoint Questions and Answers

cannot edit background graphics

25-03-08
sionos

cannot edit background graphics

All,

I have opened some 2003 slideshows into powerpoint 2007. Everything is pretty much the same apart from when i need to edit the background graphics. In 2003 i was able to select the master slide view and the graphics (which appear as a footer on each slide) were able to be resized, moved or deleted. Having accessed the slide master now in 2007 the 2 graphics are not editable in anyway, there is however an option to hide the background graphics but no option to edit them.

Any ideas?

25-03-08
John Wilson

Are you sure you are working with the master slide? In 2007 its the larger top one. You may not be able to select master items on the other layouts.

17-11-08

How to edit background graphics in Powerpoint 2007

Double click on left most button of "Normal", "Slides", "Presentation" at bottom of screen

View Slide Master

Click on top slide in series of slides on left of screen (may have to scroll up)

You can now click on and edit background text and images

10-04-09

Thanks!

This worked for me - thanks a lot.

23-05-09

How to edit background graphics in Powerpoint 2007

Where can I found "left most button of "Normal", "Slides", "Presentation" at bottom of screen"? at my powerpoint this is number of slide.when I doubleclick this it doesnt do anythink. please help me.

28-05-09

Try going to view, slide master then make sure you select the first slide in the list on the left.

01-04-10
marcharry

This is a big find! You are exactly right. You must find the exact master slide to edit not a sub-version.

The master that pops up is NOT editable in '07 in some circumstances. Why it pops up is a mystery.

Flip thought the slide sorter (at left) and find the one that you can edit. That's the 'master for your master'.

GREAT POST - very clugey bug.