Presentation Magazine Forum > Job Presentations

10 minute presentation for a job interview

02-06-06
Sarahk70

Help ! I've just been told that I have a job interview next Wednesday. I need to do a 10 minute presentation in front of the other candidates followed by a formal interview. The topic of the presentation is "What I can bring to this position". I've never had to do anything like this before and I just don't know where to start !

26-06-06
Frog83

Hi,

I also have a 15 minute presentation on Friday 30th along the same subject 'What can I bring to this role' and also 'How will I adapt to make my job successful'

Did you receive any advise on you previous posts that you could share?

Kind regards.

Stefan.

29-06-06
OMD

Hi guys
I do have the same presentation as Sara. I have to present myself and let them know what will I bring to the team. I have started my report by saying who am I, my academic background and now I am thinking of talking about my business qualifications and how my present job experience helped me be more responsible, organised, problem solver ext. I will present some cases where I was very much involved and that will show my professional attitude and mentality.

Hope this was of a help.

all the best!

30-06-06
rachel23

Ok.... on tues... I've got to do a presentation for 10 mins but don't know on what subject. I have an hour to prepare. Any advice? have you guys found a miracle answer?

17-01-10
The big fish

10 Minute presentation

I have to present a ten minute presentation this coming Tuesday and have been offerred the following advice.

Tell them what you are going to tell them.

Tell them.

Tell them what you told them.

You should use minimal flip charts no more than 4 I would aim at 3 if possible.

Start with an introduction I am , I will be talking about ? for 10 minutes, I will allow time for questions (at end).

Depending upon what subject you get you may wish to consider using the SWOT analysis method of delivery which should contain about 3 or 4 Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats.

I often find subjects or the questions asked don't fit easily into SWOT and should that be the case it is perhaps best to use the rule of 3.

Pick what your Focal point will be i.e Our Company should wear green ties not red ties.

Now lead 3 separate pieces of evidence as to why using each separate flip chart for each piece of evidence.

COST
AVAILABILITY
QUALITY

or whatever fits best but no more than 3 headings.

Conclude with a summary backing up your point and maybe even a catch phrase or saying (telling them what youve told them).

Adhere strictly to time, dont talk to the flip chart, practice if you have time, try and pre guess the question and practice it at home at least your intro will be mostly complete prior to attending interview. Essentially keep it simple.